The Green Living Guide – Starting An Exciting Journey

Hey there Teacups, I hope you’ve all had a great week and you’re looking forward to the weekend ahead. For today’s post I’m going to be stepping away from my normal Green Living Guide posts to talk to you guys about a exciting journey I began a few months ago.

So you’re probably wonder what this journey is all about and why I’m so excited about it!….. Since march this year I finally made the decision to transition myself into a fully vegan diet/lifestyle. This is something I’ve always wanted to do,and honestly I’m fed up of holding myself back for incredibly stupid reasons.

So for the last few months I’ve been taking baby steps towards becoming vegan, I’ve had to take the journey very slowly as my body doesn’t agree with quite a few things. I’m incredibly allergic to mushrooms which is has been my biggest holdback as a vegetarian let alone being vegan. So while it’s going to be very helpful for me I’m so determined to move forward.

One thing that has helped me a lot is the fact that I cut out cows milk from my diet a long time ago. It always left me feeling horrible and left a bad taste in my mouth and the uk’s dairy industry is incredibly cruel. So I just took the jump and cut it out of my diet completely, and it one of the best decisions I’ve made.

So what have I been doing to take myself forward on this journey :

– I’ve Cut out Cows Milk.

– I’ve been working on cutting out dairy chocolate ( I actually prefer dairy free).

– I’ve been working on eating more vegetables.

– When eating out at restaurants ive been ordering the vegan option (if there is one).

– I’ve been trying to make sure I only eat free from baked goods.

– Ive been following more vegan based companies so I can learn about new products.

– I took the 30 day vegan challenge not to long ago.

I’m more than sure that I could be doing a lot more so if any of you are vegan / are on the way to becoming vegan please leave me some tips in the comments. They will help so much more than you think.

If you have any questions at all, remember to stick them in the comments and I’ll answer them as soon as I can.

So wish me luck on my journey hopefully it will be a quick one!

Anyway I’ll stop rambling now – Speak to you all again soon, have an amazing weekend – Kimberley 💖🍵

12 thoughts on “The Green Living Guide – Starting An Exciting Journey

1. envyfisher says:

I admire you for going vegan! I’ve always had a meat-based diet and my body is okay with it, but I’m eating less than I used to. That’s for a small part because I see so many vegan tweets, but also because I don’t like meat as much as I used to. I particularly hate eating a sausage and chewing on something hard and weird and unknown… Makes me want to quit the entire meal. So I’m cutting certain kinds of meat out of my diet now. Guess every little change makes a bit of a difference in the world 🙂

x Envy

Liked by 1 person

• Teaisawishyourheartmakes says:

Every little change does help you’re right 💖 I became a veggie for the animals mostly but also because I literally couldn’t stand the tastes of meat ( I only ever ate chicken) I couldn’t stomach anything else 💖

2. abbeylouisarose says:

Good on you for making this lifestyle change! I have myself recently committed to being fully vegetarian, and I have been loving it! I haven’t missed eating meat or fish at all! I am also working on eating less dairy (you’re right in saying that the dairy industry is horrendous) – I am finding delicious vegan alternatives such as VioLife vegan cheese which is really tasty! Best of luck on your vegan journey!

Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

Liked by 1 person

3. Thoroughly Modern Emily says:

Wow, I applaud you for embarking on a more earth-friendly diet! I spent a long time as a vegetarian and I’m impressed you’ve gotten this far with a mushroom allergy! You’ve also got me thinking about the dairy industry…now that I’m having a baby, I need to be much more conscious about what I buy and put in my body, and what I give to her!

xx
    Emily

Liked by 1 person

• Teaisawishyourheartmakes says:

The dairy industry is horrible but I would never push my opinions on anyone else 💖I’ve heard that soya milk can be really good for little ones as it silly provides the calcium and doesn’t fund the dairy industry 💖

4. Mademoiselle says:

Wow, congrats on your achievement! To be honest, I wish I have the same discipline that you’ve shown in your post-but basically, if anything is put on my plate, I’d probably eat it as I always seem to be hungry 😦

Liked by 1 person