Hey There Teacups! Happy Valentines Day, I hope you all have an amazing day today and that you are all showered with the love. For the Valentines edition of How Do You Brew? I’m want to introduce you all to the world of tea infused baking with my delicious Nut’s About You Brownies. I love both tea and baking so whenever I get the chance to mix the two together it makes me beyond happy.
Just a little pre warning before I get into the recipe these brownies are gluten free and vegetarian friendly – I’m working on making them fully vegan.
Ingredients (Serves 20)
For The Brownies
400g caster sugar
225g butter, melted
(To make it vegan use a vegan butter alternative)
60g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(if you want to make it vegan use an egg replacer)
225g gluten free plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
(I used dark chocolate chips)
Leaves Of The World – Nuts About You Black Tea Blend.
For The Toppings
1 Bar of Chocolate
(Choose your favourite)
1 Bag Of Haribo Strawberries
(The Vegetarian Friendly Ones – I’m yet to find a vegan replacement for these)
– Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
– Add all of your dry ingredients to your mixing bowl and mix them until they are thoroughly all blended together. Be sure to sift in the coco powder and the flour to avoid lumps.
– Melt Your Butter/ Butter Replacement.
– In a separate bowl mix all of your wet ingredients.
– Combine the wet and dry ingredients in your main bowl & Mix.
– I used my T2 tea maker to steep my tea but you can use what ever is available to you. In my tea maker I put 3 perfect scoops of tea and around 100ml of boiling water. This make for a more concentrated tea that will be able to power through the heavy flavours in the brownie mix. Once steeped strain it and leave it too cool.
– Once cooled add it to you mix and mix thoroughly until smooth and glossy.
– grease your tin to avoid the batter sticking to your tin while baking – It will help a lot when it comes to getting it out of the tin to cool.
– Bake for 25 minutes
– When they’ve finished baking remove them from the oven and leave to cool completely.
– Break the chocolate bar into small pieces
(This will make it easier to melt)
– Heat some water in a pan and place a glass mixing bowl on top I find that this is the easiest way to melt chocolate without it burning.
– To make my melted chocolate a little bit easier to pour / work with a normally add just a little bit of soya milk.
– Once your brownies have fully cooled decorated them in whatever way you want and add your gummy strawberries I find one per brownie square works the best as they are quite big.
– Once you’re done stick them back in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened. Once it has take them out of the fridge cut into squares and enjoy to your hearts content. Treat yourself and your significant other to a delicious tea infused treat this Valentines day.
Fancy making these yourself? You can Purchase the Nuts About You tea blend here. Use the code TEANOMADKIM to get 20% off your order. As always teacups if you have any questions at all either stick them in the comments or send them to me on twitter (@teaisawishblog) and I’ll answer them as soon as possible.
Speak to you all on Friday. Happy Steeping – Kimberley