Hey there Teacups! Last month I posted my first ever Tea/Tisane Mocktail recipe and the feedback I got from it was all amazing and most of you told me that you would love to see another one and when I tried Leaves Of The World’s – Pink Flamingo tisane for the first time I knew that it would be the perfect base for a pink lemonade inspired mocktail. With it being so hot here in the UK for the last few weeks I’ve been cold brewing a lot more than I normally would, and it’s resulted in me experimenting with recipes a lot, so there will be many more posts like this to come over the next few months.
The recipe that follows is for 1.2 litres of The Pink Flamingo. I always cold brew in my Small T2 Jug-A-Lot which is 1.2L so if ever I feature a recipe it will always be enough to make at least 1.2L.
– 1 x Small 1.2L Jug-A-Lot
– 1 x Glass | (I always use my small milk bottle glass as it has a lid and a straw)
– 1 x Ice cube tray
– 9 – 12 leaf loaders of Pink Flamingo (Vegan Friendly)
– 3 Small Lemons (I picked up a bag of five small once in Tesco that are ideal for recipes like this)
– 1 Bottle of sparkling water (unflavoured)
– 2 Tbsp Honey or Agave
1. Place the tisane in the infuser of the jug (between 9-12 leaf loaders for a 1.2L jug like mine)
2. Fill your jug with sparkling water. Place the honey or agave in a jug with a small amount of boiling water and stir until dissolved add that to the sparkling water.
3. Screw in the infuser place the lid on your jug and leave it to cold brew overnight.
4. The next morning remove the infuser chop and slice 2 of the lemons and add them to the tisane. Leave to infuse for a few hours to get the best results flavour wise. (Make sure you De-Pip your lemons before you add them)
5. Slice one more lemon and fill your chosen glass with ice and a few of the lemon slices.
6. Pour over the Pink Flamingo mocktail that will now be done infusing and enjoy to your hearts content.This recipe not only results in a perfect pink lemonade inspired mocktail but it’s one of the most refreshing tisanes I’ve ever tried. I’ve really enjoyed cold brewing in sparkling water recently it just adds a little unique twist to iced tea. As much as I love cold brew after a while I can get a bit bored of just still water so it’s nice to change things up a bit every now and then. I’ve been working on a few different mocktail recipes over the last few weeks, so I would love to know if you guys want to see anymore of them before the colder months get here. (I have a Jaffa cake inspired one that I think you will all love)
If you’re planning on making this mocktail for yourself remember to use the code TEANOMADKIM20 to get 20% off your first order with Leaves of The World. Not only do they have pink flamingo that makes for a great pink lemonade inspired mocktail but they have so many other teas and tisanes that are completely unique to them (lemon cheesecake is one of my favourites it makes for a great tea latte) completely vegan and now come in fully bio-degradable sachets (I’ll have a post with more info on that going up soon)
As always Teacups if you have any questions at all either stick them in the comments or send them to me on Twitter/Instagram @teaisawishblog and I’ll answer them all as soon as I can.
Speak to you all soon. Happy Steeping – K