2018, blog, blogger, brand spotlight, Collaboration, Cruelty Free, eco friendly, green tea, Let's Talk Tea, matcha, review, tea, tea blog, tea blogger, tea bloggers, tea review, TeaBloggersUK

Let’s Talk Tea | Pure Chimp – Mint Matcha | Review

Hey there Teacups! Happy Matcha Monday.. I’m back today with another Let’s Talk Tea post and this time around I’m going to be reviewing Pure Chimp’s – Mint Matcha. You all know just how much of a matcha hype I’ve been on recently so the package that Pure Chimp sent arrived just at the right time and so far I’ve really enjoyed everything I’ve tried from them. So when it came to trying their mint matcha I was excited to see if I was going to enjoy it as much as the other two I’ve tried (if you haven’t read my past reviews featuring PureChimp you can find them all here). 46895017_349092612533657_1778958849659633664_n.jpgHere’s what Pure Chimp have to say about this Matcha on their website: Matcha made the traditional Japanese way, packed with antioxidants and fit to bursting with fragrant peppermint leaves. Our Mint Matcha is glorious, and provides a lift of well being we think just can’t be matcha-d! Mint is also great for settling your stomach and aiding digestion, too.



Dry ‘Leaves’

Ingredients: Ceremonial Grade Matcha (90%) and Mint Leaves (10%) (V)46707697_305095603665485_5760290934872866816_nAroma wise this smells exactly the same as their original Matcha and in all honesty I didn’t get any mint from it in the aroma, not even the slightest hint of it. But that didn’t worry me at all because their lemon Matcha was the same but then the lemon was much more powerful in the flavour. So I didn’t let it worry me as I knew it would come through much stronger in the taste than it did the aroma. The only difference between this and the original Matcha is that it’s incredibly fresh and that’s definitely down to the mint.46724530_321520608461533_5587179713912111104_n.jpg

Tea Tasting Notes

As you all know I’ve really enjoy both matchas I’ve tried from Pure Chimp so far and this one is no different. I’ve tried this both hot and iced now and while I enjoyed it both wise it’s definitely much better when it’s iced. It truly shines its brightest when prepared that way and it’s both creamy, vegetal and refreshing. With how light the mint was in the aroma I hardly expected it to come through at all in the taste but I couldn’t have been more wrong. It came through quite strong (not overpowering though) and paired perfectly with the vegetal notes of the Matcha that we all know and love. It’s much stronger than I thought it would be as well I definitely used a little bit to much Matcha when I prepared this the first time and it was too strong for me so I’ll probably used half the amount next time to calm it down a little bit. Before going into trying this I thought that maybe it would have made for a good candy cane inspired latte but I completely changed my mind after taking my first sip because for me this really isn’t a Matcha that’s been made to enjoy hot.46900448_2427501843943944_2242035050918969344_n.jpgI was a little bit worried that the addition of peppermint to the Matcha would stop it from holding a natural sturdy froth but just like the other two Matchas I’ve tried from pure chimp it didn’t effect it at all and it held a superbly study froth that stuck around right until my last mouthful and even in the cup after that as well. You should never under estimate how much a good Matcha froth will make a self confessed tea addict happy. I can deffinelty see myself drinking this iced over the next few weeks with it being so refreshing I can imagine it would be the perfect Matcha to drink in the morning to give you a good kick-start. I cant say I enjoyed this more than the original or lemon matchas from Pure Chimp but it is still very good and if you are a fan of mint in teas this would be perfect for you.

Overall Teacup Rating: 4.8/5

If you want to find out more about Pure Chimp and purchase this matcha for yourself, you can do both here. As always if you have any questions at all either put them in the comments or send them to me on Twitter/Instagram @teaisawishblog and I’ll answer them all as soon as I can.

Speak to you all again soon. Happy Steeping – Kimberley

2 thoughts on “Let’s Talk Tea | Pure Chimp – Mint Matcha | Review”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s